For a PDF version of the tutorial on this page, click image below to download the PDF.
1. Start from the main HabITS Dashboard by going to the Customization module and selecting Manage Species List.
2. After clicking Manage Species List you will now see all of the lists that you have created or that has been shared with you. Click the Edit button next to the list you would like to change. (Please note you will not be able to edit, copy, or delete a list that you did not create.)
3. From this screen you can rename, share, and add or remove species from the list. To add species, click the Species List dropdown to select a list to pull species from. The All TESS & ITIS list contains all the species you may need.
4. Once you have selected the list that you would like to pull species from click the Available Species drop down box and start typing the name of the species you would like to add or scroll through the list (the All TESS & ITIS Species list is too large to scroll through). Once you locate the species you are looking for, click it to select it.
5. Once you have selected the species you would like to add click Add Selected Species.
6. Now you will see the species you selected has been added to the list. You can also delete species from the list by clicking Remove. Once you are done adding or deleting species from the list, click Save.
7. After clicking Save you will see a splash banner (for just a couple of seconds) saying Species List saved successfully.