**It is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your internet browser when working in HabITS V5. Other internet browsers may not work properly.**
1. All Accomplishments must be assigned to a Project. To create an Accomplishment you must first choose the Project to assign it to. Start from the main HabITS V5 page by going to the Habitat Improvement module and click Search for a Project.
2. After clickingSearch for a Project, you will see a search box. From here you can choose many different way to search for a Project. For this tutorial we have chosen to search by theProject Name by typing the name into the search box. After typing the name you should see the Project you are searching for in the list below. Click on the Project you would like to create an Accomplishment under.
3. After clicking on the Project, a box will open showing more information, click More Actions in the bottom right corner of the box. From here you can choose to create a New Accomplishmentwith the same geometry as your Project by clicking+New Accomplishment with Project Geometry or you can create new geometry specific to the Accomplishment by clicking +New Accomplishment. For the purpose of this tutorial we are choosing to create an accomplishment with new geometry.
4. You should now see a Create an Accomplishment page. If you are in Planning mode and will be coming back to edit your Accomplishment, click the Planning? checkbox now. Go ahead and enter your Accomplishment Name and Lead Program then click +Create Accomplishment Geometry.
5. After clicking +Create AccomplishmentGeometry you will be directed to the HabITS Mapper where you will see the polygon of the original Project that your Accomplishment will be within. From here you can choose to add the geometry by either using the Draw Tools to Sketch your polygon or by uploading a shapefile that has already been created using ArcGIS. For this tutorial we will be uploading a shapefile that has already been created. Click Upload……
6. …. you should now see a file explorer window, click to select your shapefile and click Open. For more information on how to create and package shapefiles to be uploaded into HabITS click How-To Create and Package Spatial Data in ArcGIS for Uploading in HabITS V5 (Not available yet)
7. After clicking Open you will see your polygon projected into the Mapper.
8. Left mouse click on the polygon and you will see a small box saying +Activate, click it as well.
9. You will know your polygon has been activated because it will turn blue and you will see your shape's vertices. Now click Return to Accomplishment Form.
10. After clickingReturn to AccomplishmentForm you will be directed back to the Create an Accomplishment page where you will see your Accomplishment polygon in the small Mapper window.
11. Next, continue to populate the remaining fields in the Properties tab.
12. Continue to populate all required fields. Narratives aren’t required but recommended as they can provide more details about the project. Next, click Save.
13. After clicking Save, you should see a green splash box popup in the top of the page saying Accomplishment saved successfully. You will also see a box with an automatically assigned ID as well as Lead Office and Point of Contact.
14. Next, click on the Species tab and select the Species List you would like to choose species from. For more information on how to create and edit Species list click here.
15. After choosing your Species List select the species you would like to add to the Accomplishment by clicking on them in the Available Species drop-down box. Next, click +Add Selected Species to assign them to the Accomplishment.
16. Now you will see that your species have been assigned to the accomplishment, you can also remove a species from an accomplishment by clicking Remove. Now click Save to save your species to the accomplishment.
17. Next click the Financials tab and click +Add Service Contribution.
18. Populate all the required fields and add comments. Now click Add Service Contribution to add the contribution to the accomplishment.
19. After clicking Add Service Contribution you should see a box showing that contribution, from here you can edit/remove as well as add Partner Contributions. Proceed by clicking Partner Contributions.
20. Continue to populate the fields and click Add Partners Contribution.
21. After clicking Add Partner Contribution you should see a box showing that contribution, from here you can edit/remove. Now click Save to save the contributions to the Accomplishment.
22. Next, click the Files tab and then click +Add File if you have any supporting files you would like to add. At this point if you are done planning the accomplishment you can uncheck the Planning? checkbox and then click Save.
That concludes the How-To Create a Project in HabITS V5 tutorial. If you see any errors or have any recommendations of how to improve this tutorial please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by a free Atlassian Confluence Open Source Project License granted to U.S. Geological Survey. Evaluate Confluence today.