Friday, February 04, 2022
The National Invasive Species Council (NISC) is hiring a Program Analyst (GS-13) to support NISC operations and work plan implementation. Please distribute this announcement to those you think might be interested and eligible (closing date is February 17, 2022). Position is based in DC and is telework eligible.
NISC activities are facilitated by a small staff housed in the DOI Office of the Secretary, who provide coordination and support to NISC member agencies in the implementation of NISC Work Plans and facilitate regular communications. The incumbent would serve as a member of NISC staff and would be responsible for coordinating and implementing programmatic activities in a timely, credible, and effective manner, as directed by the NISC Executive Director according to the priorities and guidelines established by NISC.
At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts research and presents results on priority invasive species issues in a manner that can be incorporated into NISC discussions, outputs, and agency decision-making.
- Drafts briefs and other materials to inform NISC leadership decision-making, NISC Work Plan outputs, and member agency requests to NISC staff.
- Drafts content for outreach purposes, such as press releases, web content, interviews, and public presentations.
- Assists the Executive Director with the development of NISC work plans, operational procedures, and other guidance documents relevant to the conduct of NISC operations.
- Serves as a resource person for NISC task teams as well as for the Invasive Species Advisory Committee (ISAC) and its subcommittees.
- Assists with the management and implementation of other activities related to NISC administration.
Office of the Secretary
National Invasive Species Council (NISC)
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Hyperlink to USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/635001000
Hyperlink to USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/635002000
Open Date: Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Close Date: Thursday, February 17th, 2022