Data selection tips
- Save your filter criteria (XML file) for additional data pulls or to share with colleages without sending large data files
- Upload a site list
- Taxon-specific filters allows you to look for specific fish, invertebrate, or algal taxa
Things to be aware of when downloading data sets from BioData
- When combining data from different protocols be aware that similar named columns could represent very different data types or differently named columns could represent very similar data.
- When combining taxonomic data from different laboratories be sure and verify that this is appropriate.
- Understand the data sets you are working with. The Project Abstract is a description of the data collected by a project; the sample type characterizes how samples are collected in the field and; the laboratory procedures outlines how samples were processed in the lab.