Lightning Talks - May 25
Lightning Talk Schedule
Information for Presenters
Posters and Demos - May 26
For Attendees - GatherTown instructions
For Presenters - GatherTown information
Map of Gather.Town Space
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
DataBlast - What is it?
- The “Blast” is a poster and demonstration session (a CDI tradition going back to 2009!)
- Everyone attending the workshop is encouraged to participate.
- It’s an opportunity to leave the confines of Microsoft Teams, meet your esteemed colleagues, share information and explore ideas on data integration, and help build our community!
- Presenting participants can choose between a digital poster, or a demo (screenshare capability and no poster file, similar to sitting at a table with a laptop during in-person DataBlasts), and have the option to also present their work with in a lightning talk session.
When is it?
- There will be two DataBlast Sessions at the workshop.
- Tuesday, May 25, 4-5:30 pm Eastern: Lightning Talks to introduce the posters and demos on Microsoft Teams (It is optional to submit a lightning talk.)
- Wednesday, May 26, 4-5:30 pm Eastern. On Gather.town and hosted by our collaborator, Earth Science Information Partners. The Gather.town space provides an interactive environment where you can move around the poster and demo hall and interact with your peers.
How can I participate?
- Registered attendees will receive links to join the DataBlast sessions. If you want to share your work, mark on your Eventbrite invitation that you intend to submit a poster or demonstration to the DataBlast (See ‘How can I make changes to my eventbrite invitation’ on the 2021 CDI Workshop FAQ page for more information).
See the decision tree image and instructions below for more information on submitting a poster or demo abstract. We intend the lightning talks to be related to posters or demos. Submit your abstract by April 30! Email email@example.com if you have any questions!