CDI Conference Call - July 23, 2009
Noon – 12:30 PM Opening Remarks and announcements: Kevin Gallagher, Associate Director, Geospatial Information Office; and Linda Gundersen, Chief Scientist for Geology
12:30 -- 1:15 PM A DOI Perspective on Data integration: Sonny Bhagowalia, DOI Chief Information Officer
1:15 -- 1:30 PM Update on Data.gov: Karen Klima
1:30 -- 2:30 PM Utilizing Data Management and Advanced Technology to Improve Scientific Efficiency:
Brian Reece, Hydrologist (GIS Specialist) and Lead NWIS DBA for the Texas Water Science Center
- Applied geography and GIS can greatly improve scientific analyses and associated spatial data management / utilization. Centers which have developed and maintained strong expertise in applied geography / GIS have also realized program development opportunities. Program developed to perform spatial data compilation and management for other agencies has lead directly to science and research opportunities for the USGS. All centers would benefit from continuing to refine their views on how applied geography / GIS is viewed and utilized.
2:30 -- 3:00 PM Program Planning for August Meeting: Richard Huffine and Scott McEwen
3:00 -- 4:00 PM Open Discussion and new topics
- Time: 12-Noon to 4pm Eastern Time
- WebEX: http://usgs.webex.com/. Join the "Council for Data Integration" meeting.
- National Center Location: 2A224
- Audio Bridge: 1-866-652-0357 Code: 1424250