3/29/2011 - Tim Kern to Roland Viger
We still are getting closer to the Crowd/AD-Confluence install. Still shooting for this week.
- Confluence is going to version 3.4.9. Version 3.5 failed stability and plugin tests, so we will wait for 3.5.1 before the next upgrade.
- Crowd will authenticate USGS users against Active Directory, other users will have local IDs.
- Non-federal government users will eventually authenticate against any OpenID source identified by the group.
- Other federal government users will eventually authenticate against their AD (Sam Martinez's team is setting this up for us).
- We tested the Wiki Migration tool. It works OK, but some pages need some work.
- Jeff F and others suggested some new Plugins. Which brings us to next item...
- Si Peterson is the Admin for Confluence, but we are looking for volunteers to help out Si. I suggest Jeff F and/or other DataONE folks. This person would help with Plug-In identification, test, and install, space support, Wiki Migration, and Crowd issues.
At this point, I would suggest that we bring on a Confluence Admin to focus on TSWG community migration and support. Volunteers?