USGS/DOI Dial In Number: (703) 648-4848 (for USGS and DOI offices)
Toll Free Dial In Number: (855) 547-8255 (for other offices and telecommute locations)
Conference Code: 29218# (same for both numbers)
WebEx: https://usgs.webex.com - Meeting name: "CDI Data Management Working Group"
- John Faundeen – http://www.internationaldataweek.org/ September 11-17, Denver
- Asking for interest in organizing a session at this conference
- Please send email to John.
- Abstract is due in early February.
- Lisa Zolly - https://www1.usgs.gov/csas/ome/ - use of schemas in USGS
- Upgrades/bug fixes to the OME completed in December
- Email will be sent out to OME users soon on changes
- Question to the group: Is anyone in USGS using the shoreline profile or remote sensing extension profiles? Please send an email to Lisa_zolly@usgs.gov
- JC Nelson – Data Sharing Agreements (examples and next steps)
- Identified gap in addressing how USGS centers share data with collaborators. What is the guidance?
- Created a draft data sharing policy to show to the DMWG. Also creating a template to become an agreement.
- Please provide input on the draft data sharing policy (Need comments by February 8th; will extend deadline if needed).
- Next steps after getting feedback, will present this to the FSPAC and/or OPA to elevate this document in USGS
- Discussion included - Wrestling about data sharing practices for small datasets. Need guidance about how strict do you need legally binding agreements for sharing data.
- Let's start a discussion about this - Follow up with JC.
- Steve Tessler – http://www.usgs.gov/datamanagement/ - Process and Analyze
- Requesting volunteers to help add content about best practices in how USGS processes and analyzes data
- Target for completion is late Spring 2016
- We will start to hold biweekly meetings later this month or early February
- Other news from the field, announcements, ideas, etc.
- (REMINDER) Data management Webinar Series:
- Wednesday January 20th, 2pmET/12pmMT
- Ruth Duerr, National Snow and Ice Data Center - "Data Citation and You: Where things stand today"
Download [Webex] [PDF]