Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Peter Schweitzer - Metadata and web services for geoscientific data
- Types and sources of metadata in MRData system
- Interfaces through which those metadata are made visible
- Potential for participating in distributed catalog services?
- Discuss/review/react to GeoPortal presentation, compare with GeoNetwork, Gi-Cat (20+minutes)
- Does choice of initial CSW system put you in a stovepipe?
- Is migration across systems expensive?
- Can we set up some kind of test/experiment? What would such an experiment entail?
- How soon will GeoPortal support WMS and other OGC specs (what are these other specs)?
- Can you harvest metadata from a WCS (seems to be the case).
- White's presentation recorded at url https://usgs.webex.com/usgs/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=47577812&rKey=fd5a7e6ec09fce3e
- myUSGS Confluence Migration Update (postponed)
- Tim Kern or Si Peterson
- Proposed action: Bring on a Confluence Administrator to focus on TSWG community migration and support. Volunteers?
- clarification on whether Confluence is in "testing" or "production"?
- might be good to get some big picture trends/politics (e.g. how does this relate to SharePoint? Is there a way to move, link, or share content across these systems?)
- Sky's blog-post on this stuff would be helpful to reference .