Table of Contents
1 USGS CDI - TSWG - Topics of Interest1.1 Introduction1.2 Current Topics1.3 Handled Topics1.4 Random News1.5 Old topics/questions we don't want to lose track of.
Please submit topics for consideration during the biweekly conference calls. If more than one line of content is needed, please make a sub-page and link to it from here. Also, please embed links back to this page, the TSWG home, and the CDI home from your sub-page. Feel free to ask for help on this.
- Data Management Frameworks/Systems (ScienceBase/data.usgs.gov, data.gov, dataone.org, ESIP) Ray Obuch ppt
- Megan Hines stuff - a citizen science type of project called the Wildlife Health Event Reporter application www.wher.org which aims to cast a wider net for animal deaths. Her group is also currently working on a Twitter data mining project for animal deaths.
- Talk from GIN programmer/technology folks (talk w/Steve Richards, Viv Hutchison)
- USGS policy on using Google Analytics, Docs, etc
- How does FSP or EPN policy impact development & deployment of tools, software, web sites, etc (http://www.usgs.gov/fsp/, http://www.usgs.gov/publishing/)
- Discussions publication-ready figures from ArcMap
- Data Uploader, will there be WCS support for rasters?
- GIS capable web clients with Greg Gunther
- Overview of NOAA document on conceptual operations with Rich Signell (or Rich can find a NOAA person?)
- API for File-based ESRI Geodatabase
- Draft Data Management Framework, per Stan Smith's presentation to the NCCWSC Data Management Group
- Scientific programming: Excel Macros, SQL, python, R; guidance and standards.
- R scripting sub-group? R for cartography?
- Setting up a simple single-user version control system for data sets and scripts
- Talk about participation in upcoming conferences
- (please add more)
Old topics/questions we don't want to lose track of.
- What can we take from the NOAA document with their blueprint for data integration? Should we collaborate with them? If so, how? Roland Viger 9/8/2010
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.« This page (revision-72) was last changed on June 09, 2011 18:11 by Roland Viger https://my.usgs.gov/CDIWiki/rss.jsp?page=Tech-Stack Working Group Coordination - Topics of Interest&mode=wiki