- Go to http://continuum.io/downloads
- Download the 32-bit (x86) version of Anaconda (ArcMap [32-bit] can only directly work with 32-bit Python)
- In the install dialogs:
- Select install for a single user (Not "All Users")
- Install to a folder where there is going to be plenty of space (recommend the D drive, not the C drive)
- IMPORTANT: To avoid breaking ArcGIS, uncheck the checkboxes (a) make Anaconda the default Python and (b) add Anaconda's Python to the PATH.
- Here are screenshots to help guide you through the install process.
Python 2.7.11 has a registry conflict with ArcGIS Desktop 10.3. This must be fixed before you continue:
Esri KB 45924 http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/45924
At this point, you will have full Anaconda version of the python environment that's spiffy and new and totally useless with ArcMap.