Table of Contents
|Table of Contents|
Use your Project Profile to determine which users can edit samples and study reaches, to provide descriptive information for people who retrieve data, and to set defaults to make data entry more efficient. The page describes the functions and parts of the Project Profile.
- Learn more about role of the Project and how to request a project, see What is a BioData Project and How do I get one?
Project Profile Functions
Functions of Project Profile (applicable sections)
- Establish project identification, data ownership and access; Set review status (Project Header)
- Identification: Name, Label
- Ownership: Science Center, Owner
- Access: Editing rights: Owner, Staff
- Review Status
- Create descriptive information - the who, what, when and why of the project data (Project Header; Special Project or Program Information)
- Program, Cooperator
- Set default values and units (Project Header; NWQL ASR Defaults; Default BioData Lab Order Information; Defaults for New Data)
- Lab order and ASR information
- Make data entry more efficient
Project Profile Page
- Description of the data set collected by this Project. The abstract will be especially helpful to researchers who want to use these data.
- Describe the objectives, key aspects, design or methods of study
- Area of study, types of samples collected, and beginning and ending dates
- Citations for publications that were produced with Project Data
Special Project or Program Information & NWQL ASR Defaults
The sections "Special Project or Program Information" and "NWQL ASR" Defaults" are provided for a Project to :
Figure. "Special Project or Program Information" section.
Figure. "Special Project or Program Information" section. NWQL ASR Defaults is displayed when "National Water Quality Assessment" is selected in the Program selection box. Here you can fill out values that will be used when you create ASRs for the National Water Quality Lab (NWQL).
Default BioData Lab Order Information
Use this section to specify values that will automatically be filled in for you when you create Lab Orders.
Figure. Project Profile "Default BioData Lab Order Information" section
Defaults for New Data
This section allows you to specify defaults for selected parameters. These defaults are in effect when a new sample is created.
Figure. Project Profile "Defaults for New Data" section
How to Access the Project Profile
You can access a Project Profile from several places in the BioData application.