Community for Data Integration (CDI)
The CDI wiki has moved to a new space on SharePoint. All members of the cdi-all mailing list that are external to Department of the Interior received either an invitation or direct access to the new space on January 12, 2022. The email is from Robbie Moreland and you should click "Accept Invite." We plan to turn off write-access to the CDI spaces on January 28, 2022. Contact Leslie Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
If you cannot access the new SharePoint site then:
- Check your email from January 12, 2022 for a message from Microsoft Invitations on behalf of DOI, with Paul (Robbie) Moreland. There is a link for "Accept invitation" - click that.
- Join the CDI to get access. If you are not on the cdi-all roster, join here.
- Or check in with CDI. If you are on the cdi-all listserv (you receive monthly emails to email@example.com) but cannot find the invite, please contact the CDI facilitators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community for Data Integration (CDI) is a dynamic community of practice working together to advance scientific data and information management and integration capabilities in the USGS.
This is a publicly available web space managed by community members, and much of the content found throughout this site provides exposure to current thinking of the community. It is provided into the public space to encourage participation and collaboration with the many groups and individuals who are working on similar issues but does not represent official policy of the USGS or the U.S. Government in general.
Membership in CDI is open to anyone interested in participating or contributing to the community. Members receive notifications about upcoming CDI meetings as well as other information about the community. If you would like to become a member, please email email@example.com add yourself to the list at https://listserv.usgs.gov/mailman/listinfo/cdi-all.
|title||CDI News BlogMonthly Meetings|
|url||https://my.usgs.gov/confluence/display/cdi/CDI+BlogCDI FY 2022|
|title||Products and Projects|
FY19 RFP Statements of Interest
This calendar is populated from the Community for Data Integration Google Calendar and takes a few seconds to load. If the calendar is not displaying correctly, please visit the Calendar wiki page or the Google Calendar link.
Please note that the default time zone shown on the calendar may not be your current time zone. To change your time zone, go to your user icon in the upper right corner–> Settings and edit your time zone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
|CDI Monthly Meetings (2nd Wednesdays at 11:00 am ET)|
Announcements and Links
We are in the process of migrating the CDI Confluence content to SharePoint.
The next monthly meeting will be January 9
Monthly Meetings (including agendas, recordings, notes, and telecon info)
The CDI Monthly Meetings bring together the community to encourage discussion through presentations from USGS programs and science centers as well as outside organizations to share application development and new technologies, discuss data initiatives, and address data and metadata management challenges.
About the CDI
For questions, information, or help please contact email@example.com.
CDI Annual Request for Proposals (RFP)
The CDI has provided funding support for many products and activities. Through the annual CDI proposal process, funds have been awarded for projects focusing on data integration for interdisciplinary research, innovative data management, and potentially cutting edge technology. Typically the Annual CDI RFP submission and review process starts in early September and lasts through the end of March.
The CDI has sponsored annual workshops/webinar series to encourage the exchange of ideas, sharing of activities, presentations of current projects, and networking among members.
Announcements and Links
Request for Proposals
- Commenting on the FY19 Statements of Interest will begin midday on November 19, 2018. CDI members will receive an email notification. You can join the CDI and participate in commenting and voting if you join by the end of the day on November 29. Voting will be open from November 30 to December 14.
- Our FY19 Request for Proposals process is released - Statement of Interest Deadline November 16, 2018, at 5pm Eastern
2019 CDI Workshop
Upcoming and Recent Training Opportunities
- CDI Group Learning: Introduction to Python for Data Science - DataCamp - October 3 - November 1, 2018
- CDI Group Learning: Introduction to Git for Data Science - DataCamp - August 14 - Sept 7, 2018.
- CDI Summer Reading 2018: Get Your Science Used - Six Guidelines to Improve Your Products, July 25, 2018.
- Python for Data Management, June 11th, 18th, and 25th 2018: Recordings available!
- USGS Workshops on Using Deep Neural Networks, July 10-12 (Flagstaff, AZ) and September 25-27 (Denver, CO)
Collaboration Area membership is open to all employees, other government agencies, and external organizations. View descriptions of all areas on the CDI Collaboration Area Page.
11/30/21: We removed the Confluence CDI Calendar from this site as we are migrating our content from this site to USGS SharePoint.
CDI events are now displayed on the new SharePoint homepage. Request access if needed (if you are external to the Department of the Interior.)
Want a different way to browse upcoming CDI calls? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Any use of trade, product, or firm names in this publication is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. http://www.doi.gov/disclaimer.cfm/index.cfm