Contact us (Online form) BioData Home - Retrieval - Input -
Table of Contents for this page
Can I use BioData?
BioData is tool available to any USGS scientist for managing and distributing aquatic bioassessment and monitoring data.
- UserID enabled in the system
- NWIS sites
- Sampling methods/protocols supported in the system
- Labs and Lab Procedures set up in the system
- We will work with labs to get them set up in the system
Then what happens?
After you Contact Us....
What will BioData do for me?
- The latest version of your data will be in one place - protected in a secure, backed-up database housed at the EROS data center.
- You can enter and retrieve your data using a web browser from anywhere you have an internet connection
- You can keep track of samples you send to the lab, and BioData will alert you when a lab uploads your data
- BioData will make sure that labs deliver data using up-to-date taxonomic nomenclature
- Your QA efforts will be more efficient, routine, and repeatable because BioData will automatically check your data - and will protect you from inadvertently releasing invalid data
- You can decide who has rights to enter and edit your project data
- Your cooperators and collaborators can retrieve your project data without your help.
- You can save your data retrieval criteria for re-use - and even send it to someone else in an email so they can retrieve the same data set.
- You won't have to archive spreadsheets, csv text files, or homegrown databases anymore. Your data will be preserved, curated and available to future generations - no extra effort required.
- Your data will be put into a larger context as part of a large integrated data set of over 17,000 fish, macroinvertebrate, and algae samples collected from over 2,000 sites across the country.
To see these features (and more) in action - CONTACT US - the BioData Team will be happy to demonstrate them for you.
The BioData team will...
- Give you login access by enabling you regular desktop UserID
- Create your project
- Work with you to get your lab set up to deliver data to BioData (this takes time)
- Complete your