The BioData Retrieval System uses filters to help you construct the data set that you are looking for.
- The user starts with the entire data set and then reduces it in a stepwise fashion to the exact content they are looking for.
- This is in contrast to starting with no data and adding data according to criteria you specify. This is a subtle, but important difference because your data set gets smaller as you filter it not larger as you search.
- The individual filter criteria sections function very similarly, but vary in their available options
When creating complex - or even simple - filter sets...
- you can save and upload previously created filter sets
- this feature can save a lot of re-work and allow you to aid colleagues in downloading the exact same data that you did without sending large files back and forth