Filter criteria are arranged in sections (for example, Geographic Location; Temporal; Biological Community/Data Type and Sample Type). The combination of filters from each section creates a "filter set" (combination of criteria) that refines the data set to meet your needs.
- Choose a filter or filters from one of more section, usually by selecting a radio button
- If presented with a list of options (e.g. Biological Community), move the option(s) you want from the "Available" to "Selected" pane, by: (a) Dragging and dropping, (b) Highlighting then clicking the "Add" button, or (c) double clicking the option.
- For each filter, specify your criteria:
- As you set your filter criteria, the Number of Samples Returnedat the top of the screen is updated automatically and is shown below the "Next" button.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all options of interest are "Selected"
- Optionally you may save your filter set using "Save Filter Set" button in the top right-hand area of the selection pane; this saved filter set can be sent to colleagues or uploaded and re-used or refined as needed
- When your filters are set, click the "Next" button located at either the top or bottom left-hand region of the pane to go to the Select Data Set(s) page.
STEP 2: Select Data Set(s)