If you do not have a user account for the DMP Editor or a USGS email account you can obtain request one like this:
- Go to: https://my.usgs.gov/dmpeditor/ and click on either "Click here" as shown below to request a user account
- From the DMP List page, click on the Project Name title.
- To edit the DMP show page, click Edit.
- To delete a DMP, click X Delete
- To delete a record within the DMP, click on the record located in the "Records" section (as shown above) to open it.
- Then click on Delete and this will Delete to delete just this record within the DMP
- Next, either click on the drop-down arrow or begin typing the name of the Co-PI, to see if they are already in the list
- If the Co-PI does not exist in the drop-down list, select + Add New Co-PI
- You will be directed to a page that looks like the one below. If they already have a USGS account the information will automatically populate when you enter their email address.
- If they do not have a USGS email address, you will need to fill in all of the information and then click on "Create" in the bottom left corner
- If you need to add more than one Co-PI, click on the +Add New Co-PI as many times as you need to
- Click "Update" when you are finished to save your additions
- After you add a Co-PI, you may receive a warning message that the Co-PI does not have a DMP Editor Account or edit permissions as shown below
- If the Co-PI needs access to the DMP, please request an account or request edit permission by clicking on the blue bar shown below
- Grantingpermissiontodesignees belowSee Instructions on how to do that can also be found at:
- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will receive a warning message that the person does not have a DMP Editor Account.
- See instructions on how to request an account: ObtainingaNewDMPuseraccount
grab a new screenshot as the message had changed a bit.
- Once that person receives their USGS user name and password they will be able to edit your DMP
need instructions on how to add a new record.
- as well
Creating a New DMP
- Click on DMP List
- To download a PDF of your DMP click on "Download PDF" in the top right corner and a PDF file of your DMP will be downloaded to your computer's download folder
- As the DMP moves through the different phases of the project life cycle, there will be multiple versions of the DMP available to download. You can also delete these older versions by clicking on the trashcan icon.
- add a screen shot of this.