- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will receive a warning message that the person does not have a DMP Editor Account.
- See instructions on how to request an account: RequestingaNewDMPuseraccount
- Once that person receives their USGS user name and password they will be able to edit your DMP as well
Revoking permission from designees
- To revoke permission that you have granted for someone to be able to edit your DMP, go to the line in the DMP editor that says "Edit Permission also granted to"
- need pictures of this, but we don't have any fake DMPs that have any designees approved
- Click on the person's name that you wish to delete from the group of editors
- This will highlight the person's name
- Finally, click on Delete in the bottom left corner to delete them from your list of designees
Creating a New DMP
- Click on DMP List
- Then click on "+New DMP"
- Enter your project name
- Click on "Create" on the lower left
Uploading a DMP word template
- To find a DMP template that will make creating your DMP simpler, go to: https://nccwsc.usgs.gov/content/data-policies-and-guidance
- Click on the word "here" under Data Management Plan Guidance
- This will open a word file Data Management Plan Template that can be edited, saved to your documents and then uploaded to the DMP editor
- Once you have added all of your information to the DMP and saved it to your desktop or documents, go to the DMP title that you have already saved after following the directions above:
Adding a New Record
- To add new records to a DMP that you have created, click on "Add Record"