When writing help for PIs you will need to log in as one. To login as one in the username field type firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and then use your normal password. You will see that you are logged in.
To access DMP editor, go to https://my.usgs.gov/dmpeditor/, click on "Login" in the top right corner.
- For DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your Active Directory password.
- For non-DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your myUSGS password.
Requesting a New DMP
If you do not have a user account for the DMP Editor or a USGS email account you can request one like this:
- You will be taken to a page like this:
- Fill in all of the requested information and you will be sent an email with your new user account information
- If you forget your login password, simply click on the "For technical support" green "click here" link below and fill out the form that you will be taken to as shown below.
- Submit the form by clicking in the bottom right corner and you will get an email to update your password.
- To log out when you are finished with your DMP information, click on "Logout" in the top right corner of the page
- Log in to the DMP site as shown above
- Click on "DMP list" to see the DMPs that you have access to
- To perform a search, click in the search box and enter a term, title or keyword
- From the DMP List page, click on the Project Name title
- To edit the DMP show page, click Edit
- To delete a DMP, click X Delete
- To delete a record within the DMP, click on the record located in the "Records" section (as shown above) to open it
- Then click on Delete to delete just this record within the DMP
- After you add a Co-PI, you may receive a warning message that the Co-PI does not have a DMP Editor Account or edit permissions as shown below
- If the Co-PI needs access to the DMP, please request an account or request edit permission by clicking on the blue bar shown below
- Grantingpermissiontodesignees belowSee Instructions on how to do that can also be found at:
- To give a person permission to edit your DMP, add their email address to the box next to "Edit Permission Also Granted To"
- If there is more than one person you wish to grant permission to, separate the email addresses with commas, click "Update" to save your additions
- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will receive a warning message that the person does not have a DMP Editor Account.
- See instructions on how to request an account: RequestingaNewDMPuseraccount
- Once that person receives their USGS user name and password they will be able to edit your DMP as well
- To revoke permission that you have granted for someone to be able to edit your DMP, go to the line in the DMP editor that says "Edit Permission also granted to"
- need pictures of this, but we don't have any fake DMPs that have any designees approved
- Click on the person's name that you wish to delete from the group of editors
- This will highlight the person's name
- Finally, click on Delete in the bottom left corner to delete them from your list of designees
- Then click on "+New DMP"
- Enter your project name
- Click on "Create" on the lower left
Creating a DMP
- To find a DMP template that will make creating your DMP simpler, go to: https://nccwsc.usgs.gov/content/data-policies-and-guidance
- Click on the word "here" under Data Management Plan Guidance
- This will open a word file Data Management Plan Template that can be edited, saved to your documents and then uploaded to the DMP editor
Uploading a DMP
- Once you have added all of your information to the DMP and saved it to your desktop or documents, go to the DMP title that you have already saved after following the directions above: CreatingaNewDMP by choosing it from the "DMP List"
- Then to import your DMP word template, click on "Import records from document"
- Next click on "Choose File," locate the file you saved and then click on "Import Records" to import it to the DMP Editor
- When you do this all of your DMP records will automatically populate to the DMP editor here:
- You can always update the DMP as needed by uploading a new version of the DMP template
- Whenever a new version of your DMP is saved on the DMP Editor, the version will be listed under the "Download PDF" tab in the upper right corner of the DMP Editor
- New versions are also saved at different phases of the DMP like