Table of Contents
Users who If you want to create projects, edit projects, or gain access to projects that they you have permission to view in SCDEPTH, you must log in.
You do not need to log in to view projects that are publicly available.
or under the drop down.
in the upper right corner
For DOI users:
Your username is your email address and your password is your Active Directory password
For non-DOI users:
Your username is your email address and your password is your myUSGS password
Viewing Projects in SC DEPTH
- From the homepage, click on "Project list" at at the bottom of the text on the home page OR from OR
- From the drop-down under "SCDEPTH Project Editor" to to see a list of the projects you can view.
General Project Searches
- When you get to the "project list" page page, you can do a general project search (for example you can look at all of the projects involving Sage-grousewater), you can type any search term in the general search box. This ; this will narrow your search to only projects that have the word Sage-grouse water (or whatever term you search) in them.
As you can see, this search is already set for the New York Water Science Center and in this example there are 28 projects to possibly look at.
You can narrow your search
by using one of the drop-down filters. You will have less results to choose from by doing this.
- Click on the name of a project you would like to view and you will be directed to that project page.
When you want to return to the list of all projects, click the back "←List" box box in the upper left corner of the screen.
Downloading a CSV of your Search Results
- To down-load download a CSV of your search results, click on the "Download CSV" heading heading and a CSV list of the projects you have narrowed by your search will be downloaded to your computer.
This is an example of a CSV project list.
Creating a Project in SC DEPTH
- Click on "DEPTH SCDEPTH Project Editor" to to get to the drop down and click on " +New Project."
Note: You must be logged in to create or edit projects.
You will be directed to the Create New Project Item page.
The required fields for a
new project are:
- Project Title
- Fill in the required fields and any additional fields you would like to include for your project.
Note: You can always go back later to fill in any of the non-required fields.
An Item Parent ID number will be set for you.
- Click on the "Save" button button at the top or bottom of the page and your project will be created in ScienceBase.
Editing a Project in DEPTH
- To edit a project, from the project page, click on the "the blue Edit" button button in the top tool bar.
- Make any changes you need to make, or if
- If you need to delete the project, click on the "Delete" buttons. blue Delete button in the top right
- Click on the "Save Changes" button button in the top tool bar or at the bottom of the page . to save your changes
- If you need to cancel the edit and go back to the project list page, click on the blue "Cancel Edit" button button in the top tool bar.
Adding a File to a Project Page
Once After the project record has been createdsaved, you can add any type of file to your project pageitem, such as a .doc, .xls, jpeg, pdf, gif, .shp, zip file, etc. through DEPTHSCDEPTH.
- To add a file to your project page, first click on the "Add File" button at the top of the page on the tool bar. You will see a page that looks like this.
- Click on "Attach Files."bar
- Click Attach Files
Note: If using Chrome, you will need to double-click
- Navigate to where you saved your file(s) and then click on it to add it to your project.
Note: To upload multiple files, use shift and the left-mouse button to click and highlight the files you
want to upload.
Use ctrl left-mouse click to select multiple files that are not grouped together.
After the upload process is completed, your file(s) will be displayed.
- To navigate back to the project page, click on the title of the project.
Adding a Shapefile to a Project Page
If you want to add a map of the project study area to be displayed on the project page, you can upload a shape file.
- To add a shapefile to your project page, go to the project page as shown above.
- Click on the "Add File" button button at the top of the page on the toolbar.
- You will see a page that looks like this. Click on "Attach Files."
- Next, click Attach Files
Note: If using Chrome, you will need to double-click on "Attach Attach Files."
- Navigate to where the unzipped shapefile is located and use shift and left-mouse click to highlight the files and click "open Open." Use ctrl left-mouse click to select multiple files that are not grouped together.
The files will be added to your project
Return to the project page and you will see your files have been added to your project, and you should see the map of your project area.
Note: Once you have added a file to a project in DEPTHSCDEPTH, you cannot delete it from DEPTHvia the SDDEPTH interface, you will have to go into ScienceBase to do that.
By default the project record inherits the permissions of its parent record in ScienceBase, which in most cases is public. Once After the project has been saved, you can change change the permissions to be secured to the NYWSC Management Team. To
- To secure the project record, click on the
- Make Private
- button in the tool bar
- To make the project record public that is currently private, click on the
- Make Public
- button in the tool bar