RESTful Web Services for People and Organizations
- Parties: search for generically for People and Organizations
- People: search for people
- Party: CRUD operations for individual Person records
- Person: CRUD operations for individual Person records
- Organizations: search for organizations
- Organization: CRUD operations for individual Organization records
When requesting content from ScienceBase services, use the Accept header to request a format such as
And when sending content in the body of a POST or PUT, use the Content-Type header to tell the server the format of the incoming content and add an Accept header to specify what format should be returned.
These services are being used by production applications such as ScienceBase-Catalog and are still an active work in progress. JSON (ScienceBase-JSON) is the preferred format, while there is an XML format, at least for Read operations, it's future is uncertain. This current ScienceBase XML format might be replaced with a standard like ATOM. To get ScienceBase-JSON make sure you add the header
Accept: application/json or the query param
format=json to the request.