|Date||January 11th, 2016|
International Data Week
Online Metadata Editor, use of schemas in USGS
Data Sharing Agreements (examples and next steps)
Adding content for best practices in how USGS processes and analyzes data
USGS/DOI Dial In Number: (703) 648-4848 (for USGS and DOI offices)
Toll Free Dial In Number: (855) 547-8255 (for other offices and telecommute locations)
Conference Code: 29218# (same for both numbers)
WebEx: https://usgs.webex.com - Meeting name: "CDI Data Management Working Group"
- John Faundeen – http://www.internationaldataweek.org/ September 11-17, Denver
- Asking for interest in organizing a session at this conference
- Please send email to John.
- Abstract is due in early February.
- Lisa Zolly - https://www1.usgs.gov/csas/ome/ - use of schemas in USGS
- Upgrades/bug fixes to the OME completed in December
- Email will be sent out to OME users soon on changes
- Question to the group: Is anyone in USGS using the shoreline profile or remote sensing extension profiles? Please send an email to Lisa_zolly@usgs.gov
- JC Nelson – Data Sharing Agreements (examples and next steps)
- Identified gap in addressing how USGS centers share data with collaborators. What is the guidance?
- Created a draft data sharing policy to show to the DMWG. Also creating a template to become an agreement.
- Please provide input on the draft data sharing policy (Need comments by February 8th; will extend deadline if needed).
- Next steps after getting feedback, will present this to the FSPAC and/or OPA to elevate this document in USGS
- Discussion included - Wrestling about data sharing practices for small datasets. Need guidance about how strict do you need legally binding agreements for sharing data.
- Let's start a discussion about this - Follow up with JC.
- Steve Tessler – http://www.usgs.gov/datamanagement/ - Process and Analyze
- Requesting volunteers to help add content about best practices in how USGS processes and analyzes data
- Target for completion is late Spring 2016
- We will start to hold biweekly meetings later this month or early February
- Other news from the field, announcements, ideas, etc.
- (REMINDER) Data management Webinar Series:
- Wednesday January 20th, 2pmET/12pmMT
- Ruth Duerr, National Snow and Ice Data Center - "Data Citation and You: Where things stand today"
Download [Webex] [PDF]