- The required fields for a New Project new project are:
- Project Title
- Fill in the required fields and any additional fields you would like to include for your project.
- Note: You can always go back later to fill in any of the non-required fields.
- An Item Parent ID number will be set for you.
- Click on the "Save" button at the top or bottom of the page and your project will be created in ScienceBase.
- Make any changes you need to make, or if you need to delete the project click on the "Delete" buttons.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button in the top tool bar or at the bottom of the page.
- If you need to cancel the edit, click on the blue "Cancel Edit" button in the top tool bar.
- Navigate to where you saved your file(s) and then click on it to add it to your project.
Note: Once you have added a file to a project in DEPTHSCDEPTH, you cannot delete it from DEPTHvia the SDDEPTH interface, you will have to go into ScienceBase to do that.
By default the project record inherits the permissions of its parent record in ScienceBase, which in most cases is public. After the project has been saved, you can change the permissions to be secured to the NYWSC Management Team.