Comments and Q&A for the 2016 Virtual Training: Git, Bitbucket, and GitHub
These modules are geared toward USGS Bitbucket Server and the SourceTree desktop client.
Note we will not have time to cover all of these modules during the 1.5 hour training, but intend to have the resource here for your reference.
If a module is not linked yet, check back later.
- Case 1: Placing a local folder under version control and making accessible on Bitbucket
- Case 2: Obtaining someone else’s code from Bitbucket
- Case 3: Creating personal repositories on Bitbucket
- Case 4: Understanding Repository Best Practices
- Case 5: Working on a team to edit a repository
- Case 6: Making a nicely formatted README in Markdown
- Case 7: Importing or mirroring a GitHub repository in Bitbucket
- Case 8: Migrating an existing software project into Git
- Case 9: Exploring GitHub.com and some cool visualization and connected app featuresVisit the training module page
- Version Control
- Software carpentry on Git:
- Open Source and GitHub at USGS (You may need to be on VPN to reach this page, I did not even reach it when connected to office ethernet. This page may be migrated soon.)