Table of Contents
If you want to create projects, edit projects, or gain access to projects that you have permission to view in SCDEPTH, you must log in.
Viewing Projects in SC DEPTH
- From the homepage, click on Project list at the bottom of the text on the home page OR
- From the drop-down under SCDEPTH Project Editor to see a list of the projects you can view
General Project Searches
- When you get to the project list page, you can do a general project search (for example you can look at all of the projects involving water), you can type any search term in the general search box; this will narrow your search to only projects that have the word water (or whatever term you search) in them
As you can see, this search is already set for the New York Water Science Center and in this example there are 28 projects to possibly look at.
You can narrow your search (shown below) by using one of the drop-down filters. You will have less results to choose from by doing this. In this example we chose a PI from the drop-down and then narrowed our search to 2 results.
- Click on the name of a project you would like to view and you will be directed to that project page
When you want to return to the list of all projects, click the back ←List box in the upper left corner of the screen
Downloading a CSV of your Search Results
- To down-load a CSV of your search results, click on the Download CSV heading and a CSV list of the projects you have narrowed by your search will be downloaded to your computer
This is an example of a CSV project list.
Creating a Project in SC DEPTH
- Click on DEPTH Project Editor to get to the drop down and click on +New Project
- Make any changes you need to make
- If you need to delete the project, click the "Delete" button
- Click the Save Changes button in the top tool bar or at the bottom of the page to save your changes
- If you need to cancel the edit, click the Cancel Edit button in the top tool bar
Adding a File to a Project Page
After the project record has been saved, you can add any type of file to your project item, such as a .doc, .xls, jpeg, pdf, gif, .shp, zip file, etc. through SCDEPTH.
- To navigate back to the project page, click on the title of the project
Adding a Shapefile to a Project Page
If you want to add a map of the project study area to be displayed on the project page, you can upload a shape file.
Note: Once you have added a file to a project in SCDEPTH, you cannot delete it via the SDDEPTH interface, you will have to go into ScienceBase to do that.
By default the project record inherits the permissions of its parent record in ScienceBase, which in most cases is public. After the project has been saved, you can change the permissions to be secured to the NYWSC Management Team.