- Generate common semantics for a small, multidisciplinary integrative modeling problem, via a 1-week semantics workshop.
- Serve & semantically annotate key data resources on the web (i.e., Semantic ScienceBaseUSGS Science Data Catalog, e.g., data already hosted on sciencebase.gov/geoserver). This sets the stage for wider use of semantic interoperability in ScienceBase, and a framework for other data repositories to follow to allow their products to work together.
- Code/wrap key models and contextualization information in the k.LAB semantic modeling environment, enabling their use within a linked data & modeling environment.
- Provide a few model runs that illustrate the results.
- Model calibration/testing & validation of predictive power
- Production version of above to address additional integrative science challenges (building new cross-disciplinary ontologies and models)
- Setup semantic modeling node to enable full control of confidential/not-yet-released data
- Web explorer for key products – Decision Support System-style "front-end" for nontechnical users
- Semantic annotation navigator: Design a metadata editor plugin that enables semantic annotation of new products in ScienceBase by technical support staff (i.e., GS-7 to 9 level).