Email email@example.com with any questions.
New in FY18
This section is copied from the guidance document. Please pay attention to these important changes this year!
- The FY18 CDI RFP has a topical emphasis and encourages submissions that support the USGS Integrated Predictive Science Capacity in the specific focus area of risk assessment and hazard-exposure. A portion of the funds will be dedicated to this topic. However, all submissions that follow the CDI Guiding Principles will be considered. See more information in the "FY18 Topical emphasis" in the guidance document.
- The Statement of Interest narrative is a maximum of 1 page. (In FY17 it could be up to 1.5 pages.)
- In Phase 1 of the RFP, after the deadline for submission of Statements of Interest, an online session for 1-minute lightning talks will be held to help the CDI community to learn about the proposed ideas in preparation for commenting and voting. This session is scheduled for February 6, 2018.
- This year, the CDI will distribute funds to the lead USGS Science Center only, and the lead Science Center will be in charge of further distributions.
- A new, streamlined Data Management Plan form is provided for the Full Proposal stage.
December 18, 2017
January 16, 2018 @ 1pm ET
RFP Information Session
February 1, 2018 @ 5pm ET
Statements of Interest (SOI) Due
February 6, 2018
SOI Presentation Session and Voting Opens
|February 15, 2018||Comment and Voting Period Closes|
February 26, 2018
Invite Full Proposal Submissions
March 22, 2018
Full Proposals Due
April 16, 2018
Awarded Projects Announced
|September 30, 2018||Awarded Funds must be spent|
We realize this is a compressed schedule and we thank you for understanding.
One of the ways to improve your CDI Statement of Interest and final proposal is to have cross-Mission Area and cross-Center collaboration. If you have an idea for a CDI proposal but are looking for collaborators in other disciplines or centers to join you, post your idea and contact information on the collaboration forum. By posting your idea there, CDI Coordinators can help facilitate connections.
|title||FY18 RFP Collaboration Forum|