Meeting summaries and links in reverse chronological order.
2019 May 14 - XGBoost in Continuous Change Detection and Classification (CCDC); Deep learning to quantify benthic habitat
- Announcements (Pete Doucette)
- Pete and other members of an AI/ML focus group presented to the USGS Executive Leadership Team at the end of March. Associate Directors are enthusiastic about incorporating AI/ML into their mission area research.
- Don't forget the CDI workshop is happening June 4-7, 2019 in Boulder Colorado, tomorrow, May 15 is the last day for registration. Virtual participation links will be posted on the Workshop Page by the week before the workshop.
- The AI/ML group leads are still interested in collecting an inventory of your AI/ML projects to share with interested USGS leadership. You can fill out the form here.
- XGBoost in Continuous Change Detection and Classification (CCDC) - Chris Barber, USGS EROS
- Deep learning to quantify benthic habitat - Peter Esselman, USGS Great Lakes Science Center
- Recording for 2019-05-14
2019 April 9 - no meeting
2019 March 12 - Infrastructure for Deep Learning at the USGS; AI for Ecosystem Services