Friday, April 16th, 2021
The North American Invasive Species Forum is an international event encompassing the interests of professionals and organizations involved in invasive species management, research, and regulation across North America.
The Forum will bring together the international invasive species community and will highlight new research, emerging issues, success stories and prevention and response initiatives from across Canada, Mexico and the U.S.. The forum will also build on the previous North American Invasive Species Forum held in 2017.
The Canadian Council on Invasive Species is hosting this Forum with the support of, and guidance from, an international steering committee representing the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
We are very excited to present a wide variety of speakers, sessions and topics for the 2021 North American Invasive Species Forum! Above are just a few of our speakers from across North America, discussing a wide variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Strawberry Blossom Weevil, Anthonomus rubi (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) is established in British Columbia, Canada, Michelle Franklin
- Human-caused Climate Change, Vegetation, and invasive species, Patrick Gonzalez
- Mexico's Progress and Commitment to Comprehensive Island Restoration, Federico Mendez
- E-commerce: Plant Health Implications and the Importance of Collaboration, Cory Marker and Bruno Gallant
Other sessions and topics:
- Networking opportunities
- Horizon Scanning and Bio surveillance
- Three concurrent sessions focused on aquatic, terrestrial and insects and animals
- Keynotes from Australia, New Zealand and the US
Register Now - Early Bird Registration Ends April 23rd!
We also have funding to support FREE indigenous and tribal attendance as well as a new youth ticket for only $10 (30 and under!) Details are as follows:
- CCIS Member Price (full forum - 3 days): $140 (until April 23rd)
- CCIS Non-Member Price (full forum - 3 days): $170 (until April 23rd)
- CCIS Member/Non-Member (one day only): $55 (until April 23rd)
- Indigenous/tribal bursary (full forum): FREE! Limited quantities available!
- Youth (under 30): ONLY $10! Limited quantities available!
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for all tickets will end May 17th at 12 noon.
Sponsors will benefit from premium visibility among guests of the Forum. Your organization will be profiled in a variety of ways, depending on the level you choose. We have Gold, Silver and Bronze opportunities available and can work with you to suit your needs. Promote your organization to a North American audience while supporting efforts to protect communities and landscapes from invasive species! Email Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Canadian Council on Invasive Species
Workdays: Monday – Friday
The Canadian Council on Invasive Species gratefully acknowledges the territories of the