What is a BioData Project?
The BioData system is organized by Projects and Samples. The BioData Project exists to handle data permissions, allow easy access to samples, assist in enforcement of business rules, and for documentation, management and monitoring of data collection activities. The project is also useful for data retrieval.
Functions of the BioData Project:
- Establishes data ownership and responsibility
- Determines data entry and editing rights
- Used by scientists for sample management and organization
- Allow Project staff to set default values and units
- Provides descriptive information for data distribution
Project Owners and Staff edit settings in the Project Profile - see Project Profiles and Default Values