- Principal Investigator/Co PI
- Data Steward
When writing help for PIs you will need to log in as one. To login as one in the username field type firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and then use your normal password. You will see that you are logged in.
How to log in
To access DMP editor, go to https://my.usgs.gov/dmpeditor/, click on "Login" in the top right corner.
- For DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your Active Directory password.
- For non-DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your myUSGS password.
Requesting a New DMP user account
If you do not have a user account for the DMP Editor or a USGS email account you can request one like this:
- Go to: https://my.usgs.gov/dmpeditor/ and click on either "Click here" as shown below to request a user account
- You will be taken to a page like this:
- Fill in all of the requested information and you will be sent an email with your new user account information
How to log out
- To log out when you are finished with your DMP information, click on "Logout" in the top right corner of the page
Viewing your DMPs
- Log in to the DMP site as shown above
- Click on "DMP list" to see the DMPs that you have access to
- From the DMP List you can sort by the ID number, Project Name or any of the other headings along the top of the table by clicking on the heading to sort/unsort
- This will sort each list alphabetically or numerically
- To perform a search, click in the search box and enter a term, title or keyword
How to edit DMPs
Editing a DMP
- From the DMP List page, click on the Project Name title.
- To edit the DMP show page, click Edit.
- To delete a DMP, click X Delete
- To delete a record within the DMP, click on the record located in the "Records" section (as shown above) to open it.
- Then click on Delete to delete just this record within the DMP
- From the DMP Show page, click on edit in the bottom left corner
- Next, either click on the drop-down arrow or begin typing the name of the Co-PI, to see if they are already in the list
- If the Co-PI does not exist in the drop-down list, select + Add New Co-PI
- You will be directed to a page that looks like the one below. If they already have a USGS account the information will automatically populate when you enter their email address.
- If they do not have a USGS email address, you will need to fill in all of the information and then click on "Create" in the bottom left corner
- If you need to add more than one Co-PI, click on the +Add New Co-PI as many times as you need to
- Click "Update" when you are finished to save your additions
- After you add a Co-PI, you may receive a warning message that the Co-PI does not have a DMP Editor Account or edit permissions as shown below
- If the Co-PI needs access to the DMP, please request an account or request edit permission by clicking on the blue bar shown below
- Grantingpermissiontodesignees belowSee Instructions on how to do that can also be found at:
Granting permission to designees
- To give a person permission to edit your DMP, add their email address to the box next to "Edit Permission Also Granted To"
- If there is more than one person you wish to grant permission to, separate the email addresses with commas, click "Update" to save your additions
- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will receive a warning message that the person does not have a DMP Editor Account.
- See instructions on how to request an account: RequestingaNewDMPuseraccount
- Once that person receives their USGS user name and password they will be able to edit your DMP as well
Creating a New DMP
- Click on DMP List
- Then click on "+New DMP"
- Enter your project name
- Click on "Create" on the lower left
Adding a New Record
- To add new records to a DMP that you have created, click on "Add Record"
Choose from the drop-down for "Section" and then click on "Create"
- Fill in all of the sections that pertain to your DMP
- Then click on "Update" to save your information
- To add more information in the future, follow the instructions for editing an existing record above
- Each category has a description of what should be entered there under the title
Downloading a DMP PDF
- To download a PDF of your DMP click on "Download PDF" in the top right corner and a PDF file of your DMP will be downloaded to your computer's download folder
- As the DMP moves through the different phases of the project life cycle, there will be multiple versions of the DMP available to download. You can delete these older versions by clicking on the trashcan icon.
- add a screen shot of this.