Sample data is categorized "Public" when all of the following are true...
- The Nation Water Information System (NWIS) is releasing the site record to the public
- Sample data has passes all of the automated BioData data-validation tests
- The Project Profile has been reviewed and accepted
- The project Study Reach for the sample has been reviewed and accepted
- The Sample collection information has been reviewed and accepted
- The Sample is flagged as "unrestricted" using the Analysis Status Code in the sample header
- Taxon id/count records have been input for community (invert, fish, algae) samples
- All of the taxon id/count records have been reviewed and accepted
Sample data is categorized "Project Staff" when...
- any of the above items have not been reviewed and accepted
- the sample is flagged as "internal" or "proprietary" using the Analysis Status Code in the sample collection information header.
Sample data is categorized "Data Steward" when...
- BioData's automated data-checking routines detect invalid or erroneous data