(PI) Finalizing your Proposal Based on Funding Level
- Log in to the application (you will need a myUSGS account to proceed - make sure your email address matches the one you used to submit the Proposal)
- Click on "Proposal List" in the menu
- To find the items that need to be finalized based on funding level set the stage to “Proposal Accepted, PI Review” and then click on “Search"
This will show you a list of all Proposals that need final deliverables.
Click on the name of the proposal (in Name column) to select the item you wish to add finalize the proposal based on funding level to:
Updating elements of your Proposal
Follow the instructions above to find your Proposal. Click on “Edit” on your individual proposal to make changes to it. Usually, you will have to update your budget document to match the funding amount.
- Use the "Browse" button next to “Upload New Attachment” to add an updated budget document
You can also add more students or remove students, add other additional documents, and add a note. Other fields cannot be modified at this time.
- Don’t forget to click the "Update" button at the end of the page to save your changes!
Updating Deliverables for Your Proposal
Some of the deliverables might not be able to be completed based on the amount of funding you were allocated. If you cannot complete all of the original deliverables need to note this now. If you want to change a deliverable from required to another status, simply
- Click on the name of the deliverable.
- And then click on Edit
- Change the status from Required to Canceled if you will not be able to complete the deliverable with the funds allocated
- Don’t forget to click Update to save your changes
- You can click on the Proposal link in the menu to return to your proposal
Submitting your Updated Proposal to the NCGMP Team
When you are ready to send the updated Proposal to the NCGMP team
- Click on the “Start Admin Verification” button to send the item back to NCGMP with your updated elements
(PI) Upload Final Deliverables to a Live Project
Before the project deadline, return to the application to upload your final deliverables.
- Log into the application and click "Proposal List"
- To find items that need to have final deliverables added, just set the Stage to “Project Live”
- Click the “Search” button
- Then click on the name of your Project
- Once you are on the individual project, click on the name of the deliverable for which you want to upload a final copy
- Click on the "+Upload New File"
- Then browse to your computer and select a file
ProTip: Make sure the name of your file is meaningful and connects it to your project. For example a title like wyoming_waterways_thesis_fy2015.pdf is an excellent title for your file
- Then save by clicking on "Update"
Once you have completed adding your deliverable documents
- Click on the Proposal icon in the menu and then move your Proposal to the next phase - “Start Deliverables Review” this is the phase where NCGMP will review your documents
Creating your myUSGS Account
To get started you will need to create a myUSGS account - this account needs to use the email address associated with your proposal.
- Click on “Sign Up”
- Fill out your university email address (not a personal address) and click the “I am not a robot” check box
- Then click "Submit"
- You will then need to check your inbox for an email from myUSGS and follow the steps (below) including providing a sponsor for the account, check with the NCGMP team for what email address to use.
Your sponsor will then get an email and need to verify your account, after which you will get an email asking you to finalize your account, create a password etc.
Forgot your password?
Go to https://my.usgs.gov/resources/main/forgotPassword fill in your email address that you created your myUSGS account with to get a new password.