Finalizing your Proposal Based on Funding Level
- Log in to the application (you will need a myUSGS account to proceed - make sure your email address matches the one you used to submit the Proposal)
- Click on Proposal List in the menu
- To find the items that need to be finalized based on funding level set the stage to “Proposal Accepted, PI Review” and then click on Search
You will then see a list of all Proposals that need final deliverables.
- Click on the name of the proposal (in the Name column), then select the item to finalize the proposal, based on funding level
Updating elements of your Proposal
- Follow the instructions above to find your Proposal
- Click on Edit on your individual proposal to make changes to it
- Usually, you will have to update your budget document to match the funding amount at this time
- Go to Upload New Attachment and use the Browse button to add an updated budget document
You can also add or remove students, add other additional documents, and add a note. Other fields cannot be modified at this time.
- Click the Update button at the end of the page to save your changes!
Updating Deliverables for Your Proposal
Some of the deliverables might not be able to be completed based on the amount of funding you were allocated. If you cannot complete all of the original deliverables, you need to make a note at this time. If you want to change a deliverable from required to another status, simply
- Click on the name of the deliverable as shown by the arrow below
- Then click Edit
- Change the Status from Required to Cancelled if you will not be able to complete the deliverable with the funds allocated
- Click Update to save your changes
- You can click on the Proposal link in the menu to return to your proposal
Submitting your Updated Proposal to the NCGMP Team
When you are ready to send the updated Proposal to the NCGMP team
- Click on the Start Admin Verification button to send the item back to NCGMP with your updated elements
Upload Final Deliverables to a Live Project
Before the project deadline, return to the application to upload your final deliverables.
- log in to the application and click Proposal List
- To find items that need to have final deliverables added, just set the Stage section to “Project Live”
- Click the Search button
- Then click on the name of the project
- When you are on the individual project, click on the name of the deliverable that you want to upload a final copy of
- Click on the +Upload New File button
- Then browse to your computer and select a file
ProTip: Make sure the name of your file is meaningful and connects it to your project. For example a title like wyoming_waterways_thesis_fy2015.pdf is an excellent title for your file
- Then save by clicking on Update
Once you have added your deliverable documents
- Click on the Proposal icon in the menu to move your proposal to the next phase - Start Deliverables Review this is the phase where NCGMP will review your documents
Creating your myUSGS Account
To get started you will need to create a myUSGS account - this account needs to use the email address associated with your proposal.
- Click on Sign Up
- Fill out your university email address (do not use a personal address) and click the “I am not a robot” check box
- Then click Submit
- You will then need to check your inbox for an email from myUSGS and follow the steps (below) including providing a sponsor for the account
- Check with the NCGMP team to see which email address to use
Next your sponsor will get an email and need to verify your account, after which you will get an email asking you to finalize your account, create a password etc.
Forgot your password?
Go to https://my.usgs.gov/resources/main/forgotPassword, fill in the email address that you created your myUSGS account with to get a new password.