This is where you can find all the old documentation, help videos and pdfs for HabITS V4.
Before you start, please read the Reminder below for vital information regarding data entry and the kind of information it must provide to meet reporting, management, and planning needs.
HabITS Data Entry Reminder for the Field
What to include and keep in mind when entering data in HabITS
PROJECT AND ACCOMPLISHMENT NARRATIVES
Providing concise sentences thorough narratives that allow HQ to better represents the hard work. Please remember to:
- Describe the Service’s role and substantial involvement.
- Describe specific project benefits such as reduction of shoreline erosion, enhancement of migratory bird population, protection of specific habitat, and recovery actions.
- If the project is an Agency Priority Goal (e.g. Adaptive Management), describe how the project supports that initiative. Remember to select the initiative under the FWS Initiative section.
- Describe any economic (e.g. jobs/job training) and community (e.g. recreation) benefits created by the project (if applicable).
Documenting the all the resource contributions, including monies, in-kind services, and staff days will allow us to better describe the actual resources necessary to implement a project and carry out our mission. Please remember to:
- Provide PFW or CP's contribution ($$, in-kind and staff days).
- Provide project partners’ contributions ($$ and in-kind).
PERFORMANCE HABITAT TYPES
- For in-stream techniques (e.g. structure, j-hook, cross vane, and step-pools), please select stream channel or river.
- For stream bank techniques (e.g. tree planting and fencing), please select shoreline.
Documenting specific project benefits is becoming increasingly important, especially when evaluating returns of federal investments. Please remember to:
- Identify any trust resource benefits (i.e., primary, secondary, and tertiary).
- If trust species are identified, please select species from the species list.
- For completed projects, please review the HabITS entry to verify that the following information is provided: Service’s role and contribution, the benefit of the project and consistency in acres, miles and funds between the financial tab and the narratives.
- For completed projects, please remember to uncheck the planning box of the Mechanism, Project, or Accomplishment, whichever is applicable (see screen captures below). Planning activities are not included in the accomplishment totals (i.e., acres and miles).
HabITS Data Entry Reminder Sheet November 13, 2012
For a downloadable Word file of the above, click here: HabITS Data Entry Reminder_FY13.doc