- I get an error when I try to extract the .zip file of Statements of Interest - the path name is too long.
Unzip/extract the files on your Desktop, which is a short path name, then move the files to your desired location. This usually happens on PCs.
- Is there a rule against voting for your own proposal?
No - as a proposer, you are part of the CDI Community and you are able to vote for your own proposal. The same goes for collaborators on a proposal. Although some projects have a lot of collaborators, if they are part of the community and they see merit in the idea, then they should support the proposal.
- Can I submit more than one Statement of Interest?
No, USGS personnel may be involved in more than one prospective or existing proposal, but may be the lead PI on only one proposal.
- What kind of "in-kind" is required? Does it have to be federal or non-federal or either?
In-kind can be either Federal or non-Federal. It is often USGS personnel salary for their time, but could be other funding outside of CDI.
- Can the CDI RFPs include co-PI's and collaborators from outside the USGS?
Yes, the CDI RFPs can include co-PI's and collaborators from outside the USGS. Our only requirement is that the lead PI be a USGS employee because he/she will be responsible for handling the change of allocation to the external partner.
Where can I view past Statements of Interest or Full Proposals?
These are stored under the "Proposals" section of the Wiki, by year. For example: FY16 Statements of Interest, FY16 Full Proposals