Yes! The new OME Dashboard includes an option called 'Duplicate Record' that will enable you to easily create a reusable template to pre-populate fields that are common to multiple metadata records.
CREATE YOUR TEMPLATE:
You have two options for creating a template:
Option 1: Create a New Template From Scratch
- Choose 'Create New Record' and the appropriate CSDGM profile. Note that if you generate records in both the Core CSDGM and in the CSDGM Biological Data Profile, you will need to create two templates, one for each standard type, since you are locked in to a particular version of the standard as soon as you 'Create New Record.'
- Give your record a title that will make it easy to recognize as your template, e.g., My Metadata Template, My CSDGM BDP Template, etc.
- Populate any fields in this record that are common across many/all of your records. Common fields can include things such as Contacts, Publisher, some Keywords, and Constraints.
- Save and Close your record. You'll now see the template listed among the records in your Dashboard.
Option 2: Recycle a Useful Record You've Already Completed and Validated
- Choose a record in your Dashboard that has a Status of 'Valid' and click 'Duplicate Record.' By choosing a 'Valid' record, you know that the content in this record that you want to recycle has already been run through MP and is 'clear' of any problems.
- In the 'Copy Metadata Record' pop-up box, give your copy a new title that will make it easy to recognize as your template, e.g., My Metadata Template, My CSDGM BDP Template, etc. Then select the 'Copy' button.
- You'll now see this new copy in your Dashboard view. Open this new record.
- Go through each tab in the record and strip out the full contents of any field or radio button that are unique to the original version of the record and will not be part of your template. When all that remains are the fields that will be part of your template, Save and Close your record.
USING YOUR TEMPLATE:
When you're ready to start a new metadata record, and want to use your template:
- Locate your template in your Dashboard.
- Choose 'Duplicate Record' on the Dashboard.
- In the 'Copy Metadata Record' pop-up box, give your copy the actual title of your new data release you want to begin work on. Then select the 'Copy' button.
- You'll now see a new record in your Dashboard with the title you just assigned. Click on that title to launch the record in the Editor.
- Begin to populate the record with content that is unique to your new data release.