In an effort to consolidate USGS hosted Wikis, myUSGS’ Confluence service is scheduled for retirement on January 27th, 2023. The official USGS Wiki and collaboration space is now SharePoint. Please migrate existing spaces and content to the SharePoint platform and remove it from Confluence at your earliest convenience. If you need any additional information or have any concerns about this change, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
**It is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your internet browser when working in HabITS V5. Other internet browsers may not work properly.**
1. All Accomplishments must be assigned to a Project. To create an Accomplishment you must first choose the Project to assign it to. Start from the main HabITS V5 page by going to the Habitat Improvement module and click Search for a Project.
2. After clicking Search for a Project, you will see a search box. From here you can choose many different way to search for a Project. For this tutorial we have chosen to search by the Project Name by typing the name into the search box. After typing the name you should see the Project you are searching for in the list below. Click on the Project you would like to create an Accomplishment under.
3. After clicking on the Project, a box will open showing more information, click More Actions in the bottom right corner of the box. From here you can choose to create a New Accomplishmentwith the same geometry as your Project by clicking +New Accomplishment with Project Geometry or you can create new geometry specific to the Accomplishment by clicking +New Accomplishment. For the purpose of this tutorial we are choosing to create an accomplishment with new geometry.
4. You should now see a Create an Accomplishment page. If you are in Planning mode and will be coming back to edit your Accomplishment, click the Planning? checkbox now. Go ahead and enter your Accomplishment Name and Lead Program then click +Create Accomplishment Geometry.
5. After clicking +Create AccomplishmentGeometry you will be directed to the HabITS Mapper where you will see the polygon of the original Project that your Accomplishment will be within.6. From here you can choose to add the geometry by either using the Draw Tools to Sketch your polygon or by uploading a shapefile that has already been created using ArcGIS. For this tutorial we will be uploading a shapefile that has already been created. Click Upload……
6. …. you should now see a file explorer window, click to select your shapefile and click Open. For more information on how to create and package shapefiles to be uploaded into HabITS click How-To Create and Package Spatial Data in ArcGIS for Uploading in HabITS V5 (Not available yet)
7. After clicking Open you will see your polygon projected into the Mapper.
8. Left mouse click on the polygon and you will see a small box saying +Activate, click it as well.