In recent months, the topic of User Needs and User Experience has come up several times:
- at the Denver workshop as an important consideration when developing USGS tools,
- in the last CDI Scientist's Challenge about web design.
I'm looking for presenters, ideas, resources that we can tap to continue the UX discussion at CDI.
If anyone is particularly into this topic and would like to take on the role of bringing UX topics into CDI, let me know!
Here are some initial resources for you to check out.
- Ux-cop listserv
- Anyone with a government email address can join by sending a request to UX-COP-request@LISTSERV.GSA.GOV.
- To get to the archives of all UX listserv emails, register with the listserv at https://listserv.gsa.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?GETPW1
- OPM training on Human Centered Design: https://leadership.opm.gov/programs.aspx?c=234
- ESIP Usability Cluster
That is just skimming the surface.
Suggest additions or request presentations.