April 8, 2020: CDI Funded Projects
The Community for Data Integration (CDI) meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/338586400
A password is required this month. Check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org on 4/6/20 for the password, or email email@example.com.
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 740 3766 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 338 586 400
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,338586400# or +14087403766,,338586400#
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Dfpb2Rwy-790IFvpEU0Xa-6z3Gex-mO8
Meeting Recording and Slides
Recordings and slides are available to CDI Members approximately 24 hours after the completion of the meeting.
Log in to view the meeting resources. If you would like to become a member of CDI, join at https://listserv.usgs.gov/mailman/listinfo/cdi-all.
During the call, you can ask and up-vote questions at slido.com, event code #23331.
Agenda (in Eastern time)
11:00 am Welcome and Opening Announcements - Virtual work and collaboration
11:20 am Collaboration Area Announcements
11:30 am Open-source and open-workflow Climate Scenarios Toolbox for adaptation planning - Aparna Bamzai, USGS
11:45 am Develop Cloud Computing Capability at Streamgages using Amazon Web Services GreenGrass IoT Framework for Camera Image Velocity Gaging - Frank Engel, USGS
12:00 pm Establishing standards and integrating environmental DNA (eDNA) data into the USGS Nonindigenous Aquatic Species database - Jason Ferrante, USGS
12:30 pm Adjourn
- Remote meetings resource: https://about.gitlab.com/company/culture/all-remote/meetings/
- Since the last call, we have added more security to our Zoom meetings, adding a password to Zoom calls.
- There has been an increase in virtual meeting attendees in the last couple weeks.
- ESIP Collaboration Areas Highlights Webinar on April 22: https://www.esipfed.org/webinars
- To join any of the CDI collaboration areas, see https://my.usgs.gov/confluence/x/JaapJg
- Kevin Gallagher
- The CDI is more important than ever in maintaining connection and communication.
- Virtual collaboration
- Do you have a "virtual water cooler"? Microsoft Teams and the CDI wiki are possible places for these kinds of conversations.
- Share notes and highlights after virtual meetings so others can benefit from your activity. CDI collaboration areas are great for these kinds of notes.
- Share your tips, tricks and ideas for working virtually with the CDI.
- Tim Quinn
- CDI is "collaboration on a massive scale", and very important in this time.
- Feedback from CDI has been passed onto the EarthMAP team and allowed the team to identify what aspects of EarthMAP are most exciting and most confusing.
- EarthMAP update from Sky Bristol
- Blog post (link for USGS employees)
- Intranet page (link for USGS employees)
- MS Team (link for USGS employees)
- Based on recent USGS guidance, will this call be moved off of Zoom to Teams?
- Leslie: We are testing external participation now and will keep the CDI informed of tech choice. Anyone interested in testing or discussing further, get in touch with me!