The USGS' Science Analytics and Synthesis Program is hiring a full time GS-15 Supervisory Research Biologist/Ecologist to be based in Denver.
Applications close July 17th.
Major duties highlighted in the announcement include:
- Develop new biological synthesis, new theories, concepts, principles, standards, and methods to plan and execute long-range research programs and projects of national and international significance.
- Identify the most promising new research directions to determine lines of attack and develop plans for research projects that will move the science forward.
- Keep the supervisor informed of progress and future plans through periodic discussions.
- Discover complex theory or methodology to develop new theory or methodology to supplant or add new dimensions to a previous framework to deliver that markedly influence the scientific field or society.
- Research biological data with multi-scale sensor, observations, and other collection methods in support of species characterization, threats, and habitats.
For more information, please see: