The projects listed below are proposed projects that have not yet found a funding source or some way to get officially started. Proposals generally bubble up through the efforts of CDI working groups that identify needs, come up with a plan on how to proceed, and submit the proposals through working group facilitators for consideration in the community. The procedures for the proposal process are still being worked out within the community, and updated information will be made available in the wiki.
Proposed projects should have a start page created by clicking Add > Page from this page. Give your project page a working title that people will recognize. You can also use the excerpt macro in Confluence to specify a sentence or two that will summarize the project for listing on this page and elsewhere. The listing below shows the most recently modified project pages first.
Still have questions? Some of these might help.
- In FY 2010, we were able to obtain $500,000 from Bureau cost share.
- This year (FY11), we received our cumulative request for $227,700.
- For FY 2012, I wonder if anyone knows what's available at this early
stage. No one really knows, could be as much as much as $500,000 but there is no set amount known.
- Past proposals included substantial in-kind resources and used the Bureau cost share funding as an augmentation to extend the scope of a given project.
- What is the maximum funding limit for a proposal?
- No fixed ceiling, but higher amounts are likely to get more scrutiny.
- What is the deadline for submission?
- Please at least submit an abstract by Aug 15 although there may be further windows for submission in the future.
- What is the criteria for evaluating proposals?
- Please focus on data integration for interdisciplinary research, innovative data management, and potentially cutting edge technology.
- Who will be evaluating these proposals?
- Cheryl Morris, Kevin G. and Linda G.
- When will the final decision about awarding funding be made?
- We do not have a deadline at this time but expect it to be early in the new fiscal year.
- What is the criteria for deciding whether a proposal goes under
- Data Management or Tech Stack (or any of the sub teams)?
- Please list your proposal under whichever component (data management or IT framework/solution) you would like to highlight.
- What is the role of a working group in the proposal writing process? (Sample questions: What proposal is X working group submitting? Why isn't XWG submitting a proposal? Then why do we need to submit through XWG? =)
- Working groups are a forum for people to connect and exchange ideas for collaborating on proposals. Working group leads are responsible for coordinating proposals under their working topics.