For a PDF version of the tutorial on this page, click image below to download the PDF. Notes are available when you download this PDF.
1. All Accomplishments must be assigned to a Project. To create an Accomplishment you must first choose the Project to assign it to. Start from the main HabITS V5 page by going to the Habitat Improvement module and click Search for a Project.
2. After clicking Search for a Project, you will see a search box. From here you can choose many different way to search for a Project. For this tutorial we have chosen to search by the Project Name by typing the name into the search box. After typing the name you should see the Project you are searching for in the list below. Click on the Project you would like to create an Accomplishment under.
3. After clicking on the Project, a box will open showing more information, click More Actions in the bottom right corner of the box. Select the More Actions dropdown arrow. From here you can choose to create a new Accomplishment with the same geometry as your Project by clicking +New Accomplishment with Project Geometry or you can create new geometry specific to the Accomplishment by clicking +New Accomplishment. For the purpose of this tutorial we are choosing to create an accomplishment with new geometry.
4. You should now see a Create an Accomplishment page. If you are in planning mode and will be coming back to edit your Accomplishment, click the Planning? checkbox now. Go ahead and enter your Accomplishment Name and Lead Program then click +Create Accomplishment Geometry.
5. After clicking +Create Accomplishment Geometry you will be directed to the HabITS Mapper where you will see the polygon of the Project that your Accomplishment will be within. From here you can choose to add the geometry by either using the Draw Tools to Sketch your polygon or by uploading a shapefile that has already been created using ArcGIS. For this tutorial we will be uploading a shapefile that has already been created. Click Upload……
6. …. you should now see a file explorer window, click to select your shapefile and click Open. For more information on how to create and package shapefiles to be uploaded into HabITS click How-To Create and Package Spatial Data in ArcGIS for Uploading in HabITS V5. To Be Created
7. After clicking Open you will see your polygon projected into the Mapper.
8. Click on the polygon and select +Activate from the dropdown to activate the polygon.
9. You will know your polygon has been activated because it will turn blue and you will see your shape's vertices. Now click Return to Accomplishment Form.
10. After clicking Return to Accomplishment Form you will be directed back to the Create a Project page where you should see your Project polygon in the small Mapper window.
11. Next, continue to populate the remaining fields in the Properties tab.
12. Continue to populate all required fields. Narratives aren’t required but are recommended as they can provide more details about the project. Next, click Save.
13. After clicking Save, you should see a green splash box popup in the top of the page saying Accomplishment saved successfully.