For a PDF version of the tutorial on this page, click image below to download the PDF.
1. Start from the main HabITS Dashboard by going to the Reports module and clicking either Mechanism, Project, or Accomplishment. The Custom Data Export pages for all three follow the same procedure and provide a similar output, just at the different level. For this tutorial, we will continue after selecting Accomplishment, but the same steps would apply if selecting Mechanism or Project.
2. From this screen you have access to all HabITS filters to produce a report of desired accomplishments. You can add multiple filters by selecting the +Add Filter to Group button as well as additional filter groups by selecting the +Add Filter Group to construct a report that includes specific desired accomplishments.
3. In the example below, all PFW accomplishments in the state of Colorado for the fiscal year 2021 would be produced in the report. Select the Export Excel button to download this report in the form of an Excel document with the default basic output fields.
4. The Excel document report with the default basic output fields for all filtered accomplishments.
5. If you are interested in specific output fields, you can select those to produce a report with the just the desired output fields. In the example below, only the Accomplishment ID, Accomplishment Name, and Habitat Type were selected. Therefore, after selecting Export Excel, the downloaded Excel file will only include those fields as columns.
6. The Excel document report with the only selected output fields for all filtered accomplishments.
7. On the Custom Data Export page, there is a Share URL link with a Share Report button that can be clicked to copy the search query used to obtain the specific report. This link can be saved, bookmarked, or sent to other people, which enables a user to instantly load a previously designed search filter and output fields query.