General Navigation Working with Lists Auto-Save
Working with Lists
Paging through data tables and adjusting page size
- Lists are usually "paged." Look for the page number and page size at the top of the list
Opening Tables in Excel
- Lists in BioData can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet
Using Drop Downs
Drop downs work in a variety of fashions depending on the data being entered. As you become more familiar with the system you will get more used to them.
- Some of the drop downs (e.g. Time Datum and Review Status) require the user to expand them using the "down arrow" and select their choice using the mouse.
- Those with smaller domains (e.g. Sample Type and Community) often step trough the list of available options based on the first character of the entry. Once it is highlighted, then the user can usually tab to the next field without using the mouse.
- Those with larger domains (e.g. Common Name in fish entry) will usually rely on a "starts with" or "contains" search to limit the domain of option to choose from and will require use of the mouse to select the chosen option
- BioData saves and validates data as it is entered
- Data that does not meet validation criteria will be highlighted with a RED box (shown below)
- A message at the bottom of the screen can be toggled to display a list of validation errors
- Errors can quickly be found and fixed using the (Fix it) link
- Required fields are indicated with a red * (shown below)