need different help for different types of users:
- Principal Investigator/Co PI
- Data Steward
When writing help for PIs you will need to log in as one. To login as one in the username field type firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and then use your normal password. You will see that you are logged in.
How to log in
- When you are on the home page, click on "Login" in the top right corner and log in with your USGS user name+USGS.gov and your myUSGS or Active Directory Password
How to log out
- To log out when you are finished with your DMP information, simply click on "Logout" in the top right corner of the page
Viewing your DMPs
- Then you can click on "DMP list" to see all of the DMPs that you have access to
- You can also perform a search by clicking on the search box and entering a term, title or keyword
How to edit DMPs
- From the DMP List Page, click on the DMP that you want to add a Co-PI or Co-PIs to
- Next click on Edit
- You can then add the name(s) of the Co-PI or Co-PIs that you need to add
- If you need to add more than one, click on the plus icon under the Add Co-PI box and add another
- Click "Update" when you are finished to save your additions
- When you add a Co-PI, you will be prompted as to whether or not you also want them to be able to edit the DMP
Granting permission to designees
- To give a person permission to edit your DMPs, simply add their email address to the box next to "Edit Permission Also Granted To"
- If there is more than one person you wish to grant permission to, separate the email addresses with commas, click "Update" to save your additions
- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will be notified to click and request a new myUSGS account for that person - only USGS users can edit DMPs
Once that person receives their USGS user name they will be able to edit your DMP
Creating a New DMP
- Then click on "+New DMP"
- Enter your project name
- Click on "Create" on the left
Adding new records
- To add new records to a DMP that you have created, click on "Add Record"
Choose from the drop-down for "Section" and then click on "Create"
- Fill in all of the sections that pertain to your DMP
- Then click on "Update" to save your information
- To add more information in the future, follow the instructions for editing an existing record above
- Each category has a description of what should be entered there under the title
Downloading a PDF
- To add a PDF of your DMP click on "Download PDF" in the top right corner and a PDF file of your DMP will be downloaded to your computer's download file
- It will look something like this: