need different help for different types of users:
- Principal Investigator/Co PI
- Data Steward
When writing help for PIs you will need to log in as one. To login as one in the username field type firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and then use your normal password. You will see that you are logged in.
How to log in
When you are on the home page, click on "Login" in the top right corner and log in.
- For DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your Active Directory password.
- For non-DOI users: Username is your email address and your password is your myUSGS password. Add instructions on how to request an accountsomething about requesting an account.
How to log out
- To log out when you are finished with your DMP information, click on "Logout" in the top right corner of the page
Viewing your DMPs
- First Log in to the DMP site as shown above
- Then you can click on "DMP list" to see all of the DMPs that you have access to
- From the DMP List you can sort by the ID number, Project Name or any of the other headings along the top of the table by clicking on the heading to sort/unsort
- This will sort each list alphabetically or numerically
- You can perform a search by clicking on the search box and entering a term, title or keyword
How to edit DMPs
Editing a DMP
- From the DMP List page, click on the DMP you want to edit by clicking on the Project Name title.
- To edit the DMP show page, click Edit.
- If you want to delete a DMP you can do so by clicking X Delete here as well
- To delete an individual part of the record, simply open it here by clicking on the actual record next to "Records" (as shown above) and then open the record
- Then click on Delete and this will Delete just this part of the DMP
- From the DMP List page, click on the DMP that you want to add a Co-PI or Co-PIs to
- Next click on Edit
- You can then add the name(s) of the Co-PI or Co-PIs that you need to add
- If you need to add more than one, click on the plus icon under the Add Co-PI box and add another
- Click "Update" when you are finished to save your additions
- When you add a Co-PI, you will be prompted as to whether or not you also want them to be able to edit the DMP
Granting permission to designees
- To give a person permission to edit your DMPs, simply add their email address to the box next to "Edit Permission Also Granted To"
- If there is more than one person you wish to grant permission to, separate the email addresses with commas, click "Update" to save your additions
- If the person you wish to add as a designee does not have a USGS email account, you will be notified to click and request a new myUSGS account for that person - only USGS users can edit DMPs
Once that person receives their USGS user name they will be able to edit your DMP
Creating a New DMP
- Then click on "+New DMP"
- Enter your project name
- Click on "Create" on the left
Adding a New Record
- To add new records to a DMP that you have created, click on "Add Record"
Choose from the drop-down for "Section" and then click on "Create"
- Fill in all of the sections that pertain to your DMP
- Then click on "Update" to save your information
- To add more information in the future, follow the instructions for editing an existing record above
- Each category has a description of what should be entered there under the title
Downloading a PDF of Your DMP
- To add a PDF of your DMP click on "Download PDF" in the top right corner and a PDF file of your DMP will be downloaded to your computer's download file
- It will look something like this: