Step-by-Step Instructions to Install ShakeCast on Your System
After completing the ShakeCast database creation and data population, a brief dialog confirms the last step of the installation process.
After rebooting the system, you can access the ShakeCast web interface at
Username = scadmin
Password = scadmin
A few final configuration steps are required.
1. Notification. The file c:\shakecast\sc\conf\sc.conf contains a "Notification" section that looks like:
# Notification Configuration <Notification> From email@example.com EnvelopeFrom firstname.lastname@example.org SmtpServer smtp.example.com DefaultEmailTemplate default.txt DefaultScriptTemplate default.pl # Username username # Password password </Notification>
Uncomment and edit the "Username" and "Password" fields if authentication is required for your SMTP server.
2. RSS Daemon. The file c:\shakecast\sc\conf\sc.conf contains a "RSS" daemon section that looks like:
# RSS Daemon configuration <rss> AUTOSTART 1 # the LOG & LOGGING setting only applies to messages logged out of # GenericDaemon; other messages from polld itself are controlled by the # settings of LogLevel and LogFile in the system-wide configuration above LOG c:/shakecast/sc/logs/sc.log LOGGING 1 MSGLEVEL 2 POLL 60 PORT 53458 PROMPT rssd> SERVICE_NAME rssd SERVICE_TITLE ShakeCast RSS Daemon SPOLL 10 REGION SC CI NC NN # TIME_WINDOW 30 </rss>
Modify the "REGION" (to download ShakeMaps only from selected regions), the "POLL" (polling interval in seconds), and the "TIME_WINDOW" (in days for triggering ShakeCast processing).
Available ShakeMap regions are:
Global & US regions not covered by above networks (NEIC ShakeMap)
All the above
3. Restart the ShakeCast Services
To restart the actual services that perform the various ShakeCast functions:
cd c:\shakecast\admin stop_sc_services start_sc_services
4. Customize the ShakeCast server for facilities, profiles, users, and notification templates. Consult ShakeCast documentation and tutorial videos in configuring the ShakeCast server.
You may uninstall the ShakeCast Server Software through the following steps:
1. Stop and uninstall the services:
cd c:\shakecast\admin stop_sc_services remove_sc_services
2. Remove ShakeCast:
or use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
3. If desired, uninstall Perl, PHP, MySQL, and Apache by using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.