currently under construction
Users who want to create projects, edit projects, or gain access to projects that they have permission to view must log in.
You do not need to log in to view projects that are publicly available.
- To access DEPTH, go to https://my.usgs.gov/scdepth/#/
- To log in:
- Click on "Log in" in the upper right corner or under the drop down.
- For DOI users: Your username is your email address and your password is your Active Directory password.
- For non-DOI users: Your username is your email address and your password is your myUSGS password.
- If you do not have a myUSGS password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a myUSGS account.
Viewing Projects in DEPTH
- From the homepage, click on "Project list" at the bottom of the text on the home page OR from the drop-down under "SCDEPTH Project Editor" to see a list of the projects you can view.
General Project Searches
- When you get to the "project list" page, you can do a general project search (for example you can look at all of the projects involving Sage-grouse), you can type any search term in the general search box. This will narrow your search to only projects that have the word Sage-grouse (or whatever term you search) in them.
- As you can see, this search is already set for the New York Water Science Center and in this example there are 28 projects to possibly look at.
- You can narrow your search (like below) by using one of the drop-down filters. You can see you will have less results to look at. In this example we chose a PI from the drop-down and then narrowed our search to 2 results.
Downloading a CSV of your search results
- To down-load a CSV of your search results, simply click on the "Download CSV" heading and a CSV list of the projects you have narrowed by your search will be downloaded to your computer and put in your download file.
An example of a CSV project list.
Creating a Project in DEPTH
- To Create a Project from the home page, first log into DEPTH with your USGS login information.
- Then click on "DEPTH Project Editor" to get to the drop down and click on "+New Project."
- You will be directed to the Create New Project Item page.
- The required fields for a New Project are:
- Project Title
- Fill in the required fields and any additional fields you would like to include for your project.
- Note: You can always go back later to fill in any of the non-required fields.
- An Item Parent ID number will be set for you.
- Click on the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the page and your project will be created in ScienceBase.
- Note: You must address all invalid or missing data before you will be able to save this form.
Editing a Project in DEPTH
- To edit a project, from the project page, click on the blue "Edit" tab in the top tool bar.
- Make any changes you need to make, or if you need to delete a section click on the red "Delete" buttons.
- Finally, click on the blue "Save Changes" button in the top tool bar or at the bottom of the page.
- If you need to cancel the edit and go back to the project list page, click on the blue "Cancel Edit" button in the top tool bar.
Adding a Shapefile to a Project Page
To add a shapefile to a project page you must have an unzipped shapefile of your project area.
- Go to the project page as shown above.
- Click on the blue "Add File" button at the top of the page on the toolbar.
Note: you must attach an "unzipped" shapefile.
- After you click on "Add File" you will see a page that looks like this, then double click on "Attach File(s)"
- Navigate to where you saved your unzipped shapefile and then highlight and click "open" for all of your files.