Community for Data Integration (CDI)
The Community for Data Integration (CDI) is a dynamic community of practice working together to advance scientific data and information management and integration capabilities in the USGS. This is a publicly available web space managed by community members, and much of the content found throughout this site provides exposure to current thinking of the community. It is provided into the public space to encourage participation and collaboration with the many groups and individuals who are working on similar issues but does not represent official policy of the USGS or the U.S. Government in general.
Membership in CDI is open to anyone interested in participating or contributing to the community. Members receive notifications about upcoming CDI meetings as well as other information about the community. If you would like to become a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDI Monthly Meetings (2nd Wednesdays at 11:00 am ET)
- The next monthly meeting will be January 9, 2019.
Monthly Meetings (including agendas, recordings, notes, and telecon info)
The CDI Monthly Meetings bring together the community to encourage discussion through presentations from USGS programs and science centers as well as outside organizations to share application development and new technologies, discuss data initiatives, and address data and metadata management challenges.
About the CDI
For questions, information, or help please contact email@example.com.
CDI Annual Request for Proposals (RFP)
The CDI has provided funding support for many products and activities. Through the annual CDI proposal process, funds have been awarded for projects focusing on data integration for interdisciplinary research, innovative data management, and potentially cutting edge technology. Typically the Annual CDI RFP submission and review process starts in early September and lasts through the end of March.
The CDI has sponsored annual workshops/webinar series to encourage the exchange of ideas, sharing of activities, presentations of current projects, and networking among members.
Announcements and Links
Request for Proposals
- Commenting on the FY19 Statements of Interest will begin midday on November 19, 2018. CDI members will receive an email notification. You can join the CDI and participate in commenting and voting if you join by the end of the day on November 29. Voting will be open from November 30 to December 14.
- Our FY19 Request for Proposals process is released - Statement of Interest Deadline November 16, 2018, at 5pm Eastern
2019 CDI Workshop
Upcoming and Recent Training Opportunities
- CDI Group Learning: Introduction to Python for Data Science - DataCamp - October 3 - November 1, 2018
- CDI Group Learning: Introduction to Git for Data Science - DataCamp - August 14 - Sept 7, 2018.
- CDI Summer Reading 2018: Get Your Science Used - Six Guidelines to Improve Your Products, July 25, 2018.
- Python for Data Management, June 11th, 18th, and 25th 2018: Recordings available!
- USGS Workshops on Using Deep Neural Networks, July 10-12 (Flagstaff, AZ) and September 25-27 (Denver, CO)